Sunday, October 26, 2014
John Wick: Rhymes With Ick
Some stuff you should know about John.
1. He once killed three men with one pencil. True story.
2. He's a natty dresser, though a bit monochromatic.
3. He used to be called The Boogeyman. Or did he kill the Boogeyman?
4. He's more action figure than human. Which is perfect casting for Keanu Reeves. Not a put down.
Seems like forever since Keanu was in a movie. That's was one reason the Movie Slut was eager to see this flick. And then there was the glowing review in the New York Times. That brings us to
5. Don't listen to the newspaper of record. This movie is a stinker.
The flimsy plot revolves around JW eking out revenge to the guy who stole his car and killed his dog, a gift from his recently decreased wife. It's what catapults him into a killfest that lasts for the rest of the move, one tightly choreographed fight scene after the other and another and another.
This was enough for the NYT reviewer and if it's enough for you, then by all means, rush right over to your multiplex.
As for the Movie Slut, she wants MORE.