Ledge Man is like that little girl with the curl. When it's good, it's very, very good and when it's bad, it's horrid.
First the good.
1. Sam Worthington is terrific as the guy standing outside a 21st floor window at the Roosevelt Hotel in Midtown Manhattan. He's been in jail, managed to escape and insists he's innocent.
2. Elizabeth Banks is wonderful as an NYPD negotiator whose job is to prevent him from splatting on the sidewalk.
3. The plot is basically okay.
Now for the HorribleList.
1. Kyra Sedgwick is repugnant as a television reporter whose overacting is as bizarre as her last name — Morales. Obviously a shameless ploy to attract Latino moviegoers.
2. The usually spot-on Ed Harris is silly as a greedy rich guy who makes Gordon Gekko look like Snugly The Care Bear.
3. One too many implausible plot twists. Note to filmmakers: Hotels are generally emptied after bomb threats. Just because you want characters to careen into room service waiters and streak through rooms with semi-clad guests, this just wouldn't happen.
4. And a teeny-tiny tank top isn't credible apparel for a woman jumping onto a roof and shimmying through an air shaft, even if she paid 10 grand for the boobs on display.